Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric landmark in downtown Portland
Popular property highlights
Located in the downtown core of both the financial and artistic core of the city, The Heathman Hotel is within a few blocks of Pioneer Courthouse Square, City Hall, and the renowned Pearl district.
The Heathman Hotel's Headwaters Restaurant features a James Beard Award winning chef. A personal concierge and 24-hour room service are available.
Guestrooms at The Heathman offer an "Art of Sleep" bed menu, French-press coffee and loose leaf tea service, and complimentary high-speed Internet access.
The Heathman Hotel
Built in 1927, this hotel is located adjacent to the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, one block from the Portland Center for the Performing Arts, and two blocks from Pioneer Courthouse Square.
The Heathman Hotel library boasts more than 2,700 first volumes signed by the authors and was awarded a spot on the Travel+Leisure 500 of The World's Best Hotels in 2015 list. The onsite restaurant, Headwaters, is renowned for its innovative Pacific Northwest cuisine and award-winning chef, and a the traditional afternoon tea service continues at the hotel. Complimentary WiFi access is available in the Tea Court.
Business amenities include eight conference rooms. Concierge services, 24-hour room service, and valet parking (surcharge) in a nearby garage are available around the clock.
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1927
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 2
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 3800
- Conference center
- Total number of rooms - 151
- Number of floors - 10
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Electric kettle
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Headwaters Restaurant - Celebrating Oregon's diverse bounty, from farm to sea, this dining venue showcases award-winning Chef/owner Vitaly Paley's renowned cooking. The restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch, Happy Hour, and dinner. A weekend brunch is also available from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Russian Tea Service - A prix fixe menu is offered, complete with drinks and a three-tiered stand of sweet and savory treats which includes delights such as Kiev torts, smoked and kippered fish, open-face rye sandwiches, steopka cakes, Bird's Milk tortes, and Georgian khachapouri.
Nearby Things to Do
The mezzanine fitness center provides free weights and several cardiovascular machines. A health club is located across the street (discounted rates available). Running maps are available at the front desk.
The hotel is located seven blocks from Tom McCall Waterfront Park on the Willamette River. Recreational options on or near the water include cycling and hiking paths, kayak rentals, boat tours, and dinner cruises. Three golf courses are within five miles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 12:30 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 45 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 29.97 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 45.99 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 45 per accommodation, per stay
- Heathman Hotel
- Heathman Hotel Portland
- Heathman Portland
- Hotel Heathman
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Heathman Hotel is listed in the 2015 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.