Find Hotels in Portugalete
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $49
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Portugalete are sure to enjoy the riverfront and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its jazz scene. Top sights around the area include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, and Plaza Moyua.
- You'll find 155 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bilbao
- The closest major airport is in Bilbao (BIO), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Portugalete
A favorite place to visit in the city is Estuary of Bilbao. In the area, you'll also find Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Gran Hotel Puente Colgante - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Plaza Moyua, 5.7 mi/9.2 km from the city center, and Zubizuri Bridge, which is 5.9 mi/9.4 km away.
Getting Around Portugalete
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Portugalete is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Portugalete Metro Station, Penota Station, and Abatxolo Station. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Portugalete Station or Santurtzi Penota Station. You can cross the water on a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Portugalete
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Portugalete is 1.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Portugalete?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Portugalete, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Portugalete?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Portugalete?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Portugalete?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Portugalete?
What are some hotels with pools in Portugalete?
Recent reviews of Portugalete hotels
More trip options
- Portugalete Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Portugalete Airports
- Hotels near Popular Portugalete Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Portugalete
- More Hotel Options in Portugalete
- More Popular Hotels in Bilbao
- Other Hotels near Portugalete, Bilbao
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends