Get an overview of this hotelIntimate Prague hotel near Wallenstein Palace
In Little Quarter
This intimate hotel is located in Prague's historical Little Quarter (Malá Strana), just 150 meters from both Charles Bridge and Church of St Nicholas; Wallenstein Palace is 200 meters away.
Carefully preserved features of this Prague hotel include a carved-stone entrance containing the building's original wood-and-iron door.
Minibars in rooms
Furnished with Baroque-style furnishings, guestrooms at the Charles Hotel feature high beamed-wood ceilings graced by original foliage paintings; all come with minibars, coffee/tea makers, televisions, and free WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Charles HotelJosefská 1 Prague 11800
Protected by historical-preservation laws, the Charles Hotel maintains the residential ambience of its mid-19th-century origin as a townhouse. A small reception area features crystal chandeliers and vaulted ceilings. A sitting area up steps from the reception area contains brocade seating and original oil paintings in gilt frames depicting 19th-century Prague, and also includes a small bar serving evening cocktails. A green-wrought-iron stairway extends through the building's center. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served every morning.
The hotel staff speaks fluent English.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 31
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee shop or café
- Free breakfast
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Express check-in
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Airport transportation
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Supervised childcare/activities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
Where to Eat
Complimentary buffet breakfast - Served daily 7-10 AM.
Mount Steak Restaurant & Bar - Independently operated restaurant/bar located in the cellar of the hotel's building. Vaulted ceilings, cozy rooms. Long menu offering steaks, other meats (including game and rare items), seafood. Open for lunch/dinner daily.
Cocktail Bar - A small sitting area up steps from the reception desk includes a small bar serving cocktails evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
An ice-skating rink is formed in Old Town Square during the winter. Running/walking paths lie along the Vltava (Moldava) River, and rowboats can be rented on the river during summer. Petřín Hill, accessible from the Little Quarter (Malá Strana) via a funicular railroad 600 meters (656 yards) from the hotel, contains a network of parks for walking, jogging and cycling.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CZK 800.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CZK 600 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: CZK 15 per person, per night
- Airport shuttle transfer per adult: CZK 750 (one way)
- Self parking fee: CZK 600 per night
- Pet fee: CZK 600 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CZK 800.00 per day
- Charles Hotel Prague
- Charles Prague
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.