Great location, but hotel lacks basic ammenities.
Posted Apr 4, 2016 on Hotels
I reserved 5 rooms at this hotel for my family and I. While the hotel was in a great location, we encountered the following problems:
1. We arrived at 5pm to check in and only one out of the five rooms were ready. Spoke to management of the hotel and they said that due to a group of students who did not check out until 4pm, the rooms were not ready. Nothing was offered by management to compensate for this inconvenience.
2. When the guest checked in for the 5th room, she was told that there was a problem with one of the beds. Apparently the bed frame had been broken and the mattress was on the floor. The reception personnel said this was NOT their fault. When another room was demanded, the guests got a single room instead of a double-room.
3. One out of the five rooms had no water in the shower. It took maintenance two hours to fix. And once "fixed" - there was no hot water.
4. Two out of five rooms had no hot water the first day.
5. The towels provided on the first day were disgustingly dirty and old.
6. The dining room offers breakfast for purchase. It took hour and a half to get breakfast made and served at the table for 7 of us.
While I realize this is a 3-star hotel, the basics are basics (hot water, clean towels, and functioning beds). I would NOT stay at this hotel again nor do I recommend it. Shop around - there are other small hotels in the area for about the same daily rate.