Visiting Puerto Ayora
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Puerto Ayora, which is also known for its local tours. In Puerto Ayora, there are 88 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Isla Baltra (GPS-Seymour), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Ayora
The city's natural beauty is on display at Tortuga Bay Beach, Playa de los Alemanes, and Las Grietas. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Malecon and Charles Darwin Research Station.
In Puerto Ayora, you'll be able to select from 88 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- CUCUVE SUITES - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
- Hotel Palace Galapagos - Our customers like the central location and room size at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a children's pool.
- Hotel Coloma Galapagos - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Puerto Ayora
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 92°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 22.76 inches of rain falls on Puerto Ayora each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 66°F