Visiting Puerto Cortes
Visitors can enjoy all that Puerto Cortes has to offer including the waterfront, parks, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Puerto Cortes
- The closest major airport is in San Pedro Sula (SAP-Ramon Villeda Morales Intl.), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Cortes
The city's natural beauty is on display at Coca Cola Beach, Puerto Cortes Central Park, and El Faro Beach. Additionally, you'll find San Ignacio Ecological Park and San Fernando Fortress in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Costa Azul County Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Puerto Cortes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on Puerto Cortes each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 68°F