Visiting Puerto Escondido
Travelers to Puerto Escondido give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Puerto Escondido
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca (PXM-Puerto Escondido Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Escondido
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Marinero Beach, Principal Beach, and Puerto Angelito Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Commercial Walkway and Carrizalillo Beach.
In Puerto Escondido, there are 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Escondido - Adult Only - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Suites La Hacienda - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a library.
- SHAVANNA Hotel Boutique - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Puerto Escondido
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Puerto Escondido gets about 45.71 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 48°F