Visiting Puerto Montt
Travelers give high marks for the lakeside setting in Puerto Montt, which is also known for its volcano viewpoints. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its casinos. Top sights in the city include Angelmo Fish Market, Alerce Andino National Park, and Petrohue Falls.
- There are 209 hotels and other accommodations in Puerto Montt
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Montt (PMC-Tepual), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Montt
Cultural venues in the city include Juan Pablo II Museum, Antonio Felmer Museum, and Casa del Arte Diego Rivera. The city is notable for landmarks like Puerto Varas Plaza de Armas, Church of the Sacred Heart, and Monte Verde. The lakeside and volcanoes highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Alerce Andino National Park, Petrohue Falls, and Puerto Varas Beach.
In Puerto Montt, you'll find 209 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel AWA - This 4.5-star hotel features a marina, 2 indoor pools, and a full-service spa. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Dreams de los Volcanes -Puerto Varas - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with a private spa tub.
- Radisson Hotel Puerto Varas - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
Other top sights in Puerto Montt include Angelmo Fish Market.
Dressing for Puerto Montt
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Puerto Montt is 70.98 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F