Nice hotel trying hard to be a 4 star
Posted Nov 19, 2016
We stayed in a penthouse suite for 6 nights.
This review is largely based on our room and experience.
- most friendly and accommodating staff
- very comfortable bed and lots of towels
- big TV
- close to convenient store and restaurant
- nice roof top lounge, bar and views
- generally clean and well kept (on the surface)
- secured basement parking
- great room service (but small portions)
- nice cityscape breakfast views
- breakfast included with very accommodating waiters and an animated kitchen staff who sometimes sang all together (we found it quaint but maybe some not?)
- great little granite kitchenette w/ stove, MW, fridge, sink, pots&pans etc.
- top notch housecleaning service (even washed our dishes when we forgot to do so one day)
- ice cold central AC
- cracked and dirty caulking and rickety bathroom fixtures. Poor water pressure, slow drainage. Dirty jacuzzi jets (dead bugs came out of them on first use).
- rooftop pool-jacuzzi is neither a pool or a jacuzzi. Luke warm at best.
- poor or n/a reception on some tv channels
- exact same breakfast fare each day (w/ the exception of daily specials running wed-sat)
- awful coffee, warm orange juice (from concentrate), unexciting buffet, ketchup/salt/pepper in packets
- widely accessible Wi-Fi but pretty slow
- some dirty torn overhead shades covering rooftop areas
- generally poor attention to detail (in room and common areas): jumbled wires, loose chair legs, cracked molding, dirty corners etc.