Nice hotel at nice location, details disappointing
Posted Jun 3, 2014
I have staid at many Leading Hotels and ususally the experience has been very rewarding. In this case, the rating is a bit mixed:
1) While the architecture is nice, windows and balcony doors would not close properly which meant a constant mosquito problem in our room.
2) The only countermeasure we could get from the hotel were anti-moskito-candles which had to burn all night - not ideal if you are jetlagged and don't find it easy to sleep anyway.
3) In one night the candles. when burning down, created such a smoke that the smoke alarm went off at 4 in the morning.
4) The sea in front of the hotel is not very nice to swim in - lots of seaweeds, broken coral pieces on the floor and shallow. The place is therefore only good if all you want is read a book on a deckchair, but not if you like swimming.
5) We had an evening flight out and normally we have always got a late check-out at no extra charge. In this case, we were charged half a night's rate for a check-out at 7 p.m. even though the hotel was totally empty (I would guess that only 5 rooms or so were occupied).
6) Some people may like it, but I was rather annoyed by the constant music through loudspeakers at the breakfast restaurant.