Visiting Quad Cities
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Quad Cities, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and shopping. Around the area, top sights include TaxSlayer Center, Isle of Capri, and Rhythm City Casino.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Quad Cities
- The closest major airport is in Moline, IL (MLI-Quad City Intl.), 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Quad Cities
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city's cultural venues include John Deere Pavilion, Rock Island Arsenal Museum, and Circa 21 Dinner Playhouse. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and SouthPark Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are TaxSlayer Center and Mississippi River Project.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Quad Cities. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt House East Moline Quad Cities - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Element Moline - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hyatt Place East Moline Quad Cities - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to visit outside the city include Isle of Capri, located 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center, and Rhythm City Casino, which is 5.8 mi/9.3 km away.
Dressing for Quad Cities
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Quad Cities gets about 37.95 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F