Get an overview of this hotelHistoric resort hotel overlooking Old Quebec
Popular property highlights
Bounded by shops and restaurants, this heritage urban resort is situated on a bluff with views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City's Old Town, near the Gare Fluviale de Québec, and one block from a historical 19th-century fortress.
Wireless Internet in public spaces complements gilded architectural embellishments at the 18-story Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, constructed in 1893.
Unique configurations prevail in the Fairmont's 611 guestrooms, which offer antique-style furnishings, bathrobes, and premium amenities and bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, a heritage urban resort, is among the signature architectural structures in Québec City.
A city within a city, this stylish Fairmont Le Château Frontenac offers its guests a wide variety of business and recreational amenities, such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public spaces, and a 48-foot (14.6-meter) indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and children's wading pool.
Other highlights include a business center, sauna, hair salon, 3 restaurants, a bar, and concierge services. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, 2 exercise bikes, 2 treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
The Spa du Château spa offers massages; facial and body treatments, including wraps; and manicures and pedicures. The attentive staff employs high service standards. The hotel also allows pets (surcharge).
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Business center
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 23
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1893
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Smoke-free property
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Ski storage
- Ski-in/ski-out access
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 611
- Number of floors - 18
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 16 per night ), Wireless internet access ( CAD 16 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 15 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Champlain Restaurant - Located in the heart of Old Québec, enjoy a new take on Québec cuisine by Chef Stéphane Modat in this establishment open Tuesday to Saturday for breakfast each morning; à la carte not available. Dinner served daily. A kid's menu is available.
Bistro Le Sam - Be excited in an experience in constant evolution though the creative lunch dishes and trendy happy hour. Innovative mixology galore and evening entertainment for dinner.
1608 - Savor and taste a variety of an excellent selection of Quebec cheeses and wines from around the world.
Starbucks - Light meals, including pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads, are offered from early morning to sunset in this casual café on the promenade level of the hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
This Quebec hotel offers its guests extensive recreational opportunities, including a 48-foot indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and a children's wading pool. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, two exercise bikes, two treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Guests can enjoy the on-site toboggan run. An outdoor ice rink, open in winter, is within walking distance. It is also possible to cross-country ski on the Plains of Abraham, an expansive park located less than a mile from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
Relax and unwind at the hotel's Spa du Château.
- Prenatal massage
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 30.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD 32.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 16 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 16 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 36 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD 36.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 35.00 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 35.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 30.00 per night
- Chateau Fairmont
- Chateau Frontenac
- Chateau Frontenac Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Quebec
- Fairmont Frontenac
- Frontenac Chateau
- Frontenac Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.