Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Quepos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and lush rainforest. Top sights in the city include Manuel Antonio National Park and Manuel Antonio Beach.
- There are 442 hotels and other accommodations in Quepos
- The closest major airport is in Quepos (XQP), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 36.5 mi (58.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Quepos
The beaches, rainforest, and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Manuel Antonio National Park, Manuel Antonio Beach, and Playa La Macha are worth a visit. Top activities include wildlife viewing and taking adventure tours, while Marina Pez Vela and Bejuco Beach are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Biesanz Beach and Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge.
In Quepos, you'll be able to select from 442 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Gaia Hotel And Reserve - Adults Only - Our customers like the beach locale and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Villas Nicolás - Adults Only - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Esterillos Beach, 23.6 mi/38 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Quepos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Quepos each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F