Visitors can enjoy all that Rajapalayam has to offer including the waterfalls, temples, and festivals. There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rajapalayam
A favorite place to visit in the city is Periyar National Park. Additionally, you'll find Meghamalai in the area.
As you plan your trip to Rajapalayam, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 5 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Elephant Court is located 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the heart of Rajapalayam. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Kumily can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Abad Green Forest is 26.2 mi (42.2 km) from the center of Rajapalayam. This 3-star hotel in Kumily features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel RSR Residency is 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from central Rajapalayam. This 3-star hotel in Sattur features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Rajapalayam
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Rajapalayam Rajapalaiyam Station. Rajapalayam might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rajapalayam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 92°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Rajapalayam gets about 2.52 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F