Posted Sep 8, 2015
- At check-in, I was informed breakfast was an extra $5/person. The breakfast was nearly inedible. It was buffet-style, and all of it tasted like the pans it was cooked in.
- The bathroom: no vent fan, no towel rack (a single small hook for a room for two people), the faucet had a missing or broken gasket so water sprayed out wildly at a 45 degree angle.
- The AC has no thermostat. We would leave it on at a moderate temp when we left, but the staff would turn it to fan or completely off while we were gone, presumably to save money. NC in the summer, that room's going to get pretty hot. Not ok.
- I saw a roach crawling on the curtain when I closed it on night one upon returning to the room. He was a little too fast for me to catch, so we just wondered where he went for the rest of the trip.
- The power outlets on the lamps seemed to be controlled by the dimmer switch on the lamp, so when my phone charger was plugged into it, unless I had the lamp on full blast, the phone wouldn't charge properly. This also seems to have broken the charger transformer, since it no longer works now.