Visiting Rancho Santa Margarita
Visitors can enjoy all that Rancho Santa Margarita has to offer including the spas, riverfront, and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Around the area, top sights include Main Beach Park, Irvine Spectrum Center, and Mission San Juan Capistrano.
- There are 1123 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rancho Santa Margarita
A favorite place to visit in the city is Tijeras Creek Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Main Beach Park and Irvine Spectrum Center.
As you make plans for a getaway to Rancho Santa Margarita, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 76 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort is located 20.4 mi (32.9 km) from the heart of Rancho Santa Margarita. This 3-star hotel in Anaheim features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and pool.
- Hotel Irvine is 13.6 mi (21.8 km) from central Rancho Santa Margarita. This 4-star hotel in Irvine features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and WiFi.
- Ayres Hotel Anaheim is 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the center of Rancho Santa Margarita. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Anaheim can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Mission San Juan Capistrano, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center, and Santa Ana Zoo, which is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away.
Dressing for Rancho Santa Margarita
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 13.66 inches of rain falls on Rancho Santa Margarita each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F