Visitors can enjoy all that Ratnapura has to offer including the waterfalls, riverfront, and shopping. The quaint and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Ratnapura
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 51.3 mi (82.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ratnapura
Favorite places to visit in the city include Gnanasiha Tapowana Vihara, Ratnapura National Museum, and Katugas Ella Falls. You'll also find Bopath Ella Waterfall and Adams Peak in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ratnapura. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Gem Land is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star hotel in Ratnapura features free parking, concierge services, and a terrace.
- Serene Villa is located 1 mi (1.7 km) from the city center. This 3-star guesthouse in Ratnapura features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Nilani Hotel is located within 2.1 mi (3.3 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Ratnapura features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Ratnapura
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ratnapura is 3.66 inches
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F