Posted Aug 22, 2016
On July 29th 2016 my 9 yr old grand daughter and I had car trouble & had to stay overnight in the area. I booked a room at the Econo Lodge airport, Reading thru Expedia. The desk clerk was nice. Upon entering our room we were immediately hit with a VERY strong cat urine smell. The air conditioner kept malfunctioning going from 64 degrees to 80 degrees or shutting off completely. It was 94 degrees outside so a/c was definitely needed. In the bathroom there were about 25 small ants, mold on the shower walls, ceiling & shower curtain, the shower head was extremely rusty, the toilet seat was broken and the hair dryer that's attached to the walls plug was partially burnt and melted! The dresser very scratched and the drawers were broken. The floors/rugs felt damp. The next morning we went to the lobby to get something to eat. The orange juice was sour & the donuts and bagels were hard and stale. The desk clerk was a mess, hair greasy, dirty clothes etc. I was traveling with my 9 yr old grand daughter and the room was disgusting and could have been dangerous because of the mold and the hair dryer plug. Changing hotels was not an option due to my vehicle and finances. I took pics & emailed them to Expedia AND Choice hotels and got NO response at all. This hotel should NOT be renting rooms to anyone in the condition its in.