Families will find kid-friendly activities in Redding, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Redding Civic Auditorium and Bethel Church.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodations in Redding
- The closest major airport is in Redding, CA (RDD-Redding Municipal), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Redding
Cultural venues in the city include Turtle Bay Exploration Park, Anderson Historical Society, and Jake Jackson Museum. Favorite family attractions include Bethel Church and Waterworks Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Sundial Bridge, Shasta Dam, and Weaverville Joss House State Historic Park.
In Redding, you'll find 89 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hope Inn Redding - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Midway can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Americana Modern Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites Redding - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Redding include Redding Civic Auditorium.
Getting Around Redding
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Redding Station. Redding might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Redding
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 100°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Redding is 34.17 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F