Travelers to Reston give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, and White House are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Reston
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reston
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Reston Town Center and The Spectrum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Learning Tree Reston and Reston National Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Reston. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Reston - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
- The Westin Reston Heights - Our customers like the bar and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Global Luxury Suites at Hidden Creek - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Arlington National Cemetery, 15.6 mi/25.1 km from the heart of the city, and Lincoln Memorial, which is 16.5 mi/26.5 km away.
Getting Around Reston
Head to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station to catch metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Reston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 41.61 inches of rain falls on Reston each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F