Worst place ever! Hidden additional tax,no service
Posted Oct 19, 2014 on Hotels
Everything wrong with Egilsborg Guesthouse:
1) You will pay up to 10% more than the price announced by this reservation website (the owner will tell you it is additional tax and credit card supplement… this has never happen in any others hotels we stayed in Reykjavik)
2) nobody to welcome you. A key with a piece of paper with your name in the common room
3) rooms that smell humidity
4)Contrary of what it advertised on its OWN website, the kitchen is not accessible (« Once breakfast is over kitchen facilities are available to our guests »… this is not true at all!)
5) forget the pictures, it does not look like this at all
6) the shower has a push button timer that last less than 15 secondes (not a joke). So you have to push the button every 15 secondes… really annoying!
7) owner that put its own music, brush his teeth and argue with employees in the common room during the breakfast time (but forget the breakfast, it was even written on a paper in the common room that tea, coffee and cereals would be available from 8:00 to 10:00am… we did not see anything)
8) blankets are too small for the beds
Morality: don’t stay there at any price! We planned to stay two nights, we left after just one horrible night to the Capital Inn, a really nicer place!