Recently stayed at Spilia Bay Villas.
The Hotels.com website and the booking infered a range of facilities that were not available on site.
1. Continental Breakfast. The website indicated that breakfast would be served in a 'cave'. There was no breakfast at all.. I spoke to the owner and he said he was unaware breakfast was indicated on the website. He got a man to bring round a plastic bag of croissants and butter...(is that a continental brakfast according to Hotels.com?)
2. Free wifi - there wasn't any.
3. Swimming Pool - closed.
4. Daily Housekeeping - There was none.
5. 24 hour health club - there was an exercise bench that you couldn't use.
6. Childcare - There was noone on the site all week.
I made my booking to a large extent on the included breakfast and other facilities and feel that I've been knowingly misled.
Comment from Hotel Management
by Nick, Hotel Management
We would like to apologise for the inconvenience occured during your stay in our villas at the end of last March. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it was a last minute booking and we expected our first customers shortly before Easter holidays not all the outside facilities were fully operational and we were not totally ready yet. We are really sorry about this.
Regarding the continental breakfast, the truth is that we offer a welcome package with traditional products and breakfast things to our customers on their first day as a gift from us and not on a daily basis as it concerns a self-catered villa. Probably as in some websites the offered services are presented with a 'tick', this could not be described accurately and caused this misunderstanding. We apologise for this and we inform you that we have already requested from the website to erase codinental breakfast and find an alternative way to describe our offering.
I hope this helps ease your inconvenience and you are welcomed to enjoy our facilities on a later period.