Not a great experience
Posted Jan 16, 2017
The room was decent and all right, with 2 queen beds, a small fridge, microwave and a 40" TV. Washroom was dated and old but decent. Breakfast was decent with some cereals, tea/coffee and doughnuts/bread with jam/butter.
The main issue was with the room heating, the heavy smell of cigarette smoke in the pathway just outside the room (although all rooms in this area were non smoking) and constant creaking and walking noise from the floor upstairs which could be heard pretty loudly in the room. The place does not have central heating but an electrical heating system in the room which was not efficient and made the room too hot and dry or too cool affecting our sleep. Very heavy smoke of cigarettes outside the room and a lingering smell of smoke inside the room as well which made it very uncomfortable. Walking noises from the room upstairs could be heard too clearly and unfortunately the person upstairs was walking/moving late in the night which affected our sleep. Although the room was clean one of the sheets on the bed had a few spots although everything seemed washed.
Very important to get a room on the top floor to avoid the creaking and floorboard noise.