Expedia Verified Reviews
Still deciding where to stay?
Try similar properties good for: beaches, views, poolside bars
Get an overview of this hotelStylish hotel with terrace overlooking Copacabana
Popular property highlights
Near Sugarloaf Mountain
Located on lively Avenida Atlântica, PortoBay Rio de Janeiro places guests just steps from Copacabana Beach. It’s a 7-minute drive to the Sugarloaf Mountain cable car, and a scenic 30 minutes by car through Tijuca Forest National Park to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.
Guests can enjoy panoramic views of the beach with a caipirinha on the terrace. The fitness center, pool, and sauna are also on the roof. Breakfast includes a tempting selection of tropical fruits, and La Finestra Restaurant serves classic Brazilian cuisine for lunch and dinner, daily.
A balcony and free WiFi
Each of the stylish, airy rooms and unique suites come with huge windows and a terrace, and some have sweeping views across Copacabana Beach. Guests can stay connected with free WiFi and watch their favorite shows on cable TV. It's easy to cool down with a frosty drink from the minibar.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
PortoBay Rio de Janeiro
In addition to an outdoor pool, PortoBay Rio de Janeiro provides a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant, open daily. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed WiFi access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center. 4 meeting rooms are available. This beach hotel also offers a terrace, multilingual staff, and coffee/tea in the lobby. For a surcharge, a one-way airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests.
PortoBay Rio de Janeiro has designated areas for smoking.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Express check-out
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Steam room
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Total number of rooms - 117
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 20
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Cable TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Number of bathrooms -
- In-room massage available
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 10 AM.
La Finestra - This brasserie serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Tourism fee: BRL 3 per accommodation, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: BRL 48 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: BRL 220 per vehicle (one way)
- Bay Rio
- Hotel Porto Bay Internacional Rio
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio
- Hotel Rio Porto Bay Internacional
- Internacional Rio
- Porto Bay Hotel
- Porto Bay Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel
- Porto Rio
- Rio Porto Bay
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio de Janeiro
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Rio de Janeiro
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio de Janeiro
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Rio de Janeiro
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel De Janeiro Brazil
- PortoBay Rio Janeiro Hotel
- PortoBay Hotel
- PortoBay Rio Janeiro
- PortoBay Rio Internacional
We should mention
Parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years must present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example) at the check-in. For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, she/he must present – in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo – a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. In case the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People who intend to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate before traveling for more information. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.