Visiting Riva del Garda
Travelers give high marks for the lakeside setting in Riva del Garda, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and jazz scene. Top sights in the city include La Rocca and Tower of Apponale.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodations in Riva del Garda
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 40.3 mi (64.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Riva del Garda
The city's cultural venues include Riva del Garda Museo Civico and Saint Martino Archaeological Site. Notable city landmarks like La Rocca and Tower of Apponale might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Mount Brione and Parco Alto Garda Bresciano.
In Riva del Garda, you'll be able to select from 116 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Lido Palace - The Leading Hotels of the World - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and WiFi.
- Garda Life - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this property. Amenities at this property include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Luise - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Arboretum of Arco, located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Arco Castle, which is 3.5 mi (5.6 km) away.
Dressing for Riva del Garda
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Riva del Garda gets about 27.40 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F