Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Riverside, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, local tours, and breweries.
- You'll find 109 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Riverside
Places to visit in the larger region include Tamar Island Wetlands Centre, University of Tasmania Stadium, and University of Tasmania - Inveresk. You'll also find Launceston Tramway Museum and Royal Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Riverside. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Trevallyn House - This 4.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Tamar River Villas - Our customers love the breakfast and first-rate property condition at this apartment. With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Riverside Hotel - This 3-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Riverside
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 59°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 27.09 inches of rain falls on Riverside each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 37°F