Posted Oct 23, 2016
I will share my pros and cons of the resort honestly, but overall, our experience was great - a 4.5. We are an average couple who traveled for a long weekend getaway, and I think the following points will relate to most.
Cons - I wish I would have known the following things before traveling:
* Many rooms are not ocean-facing, and upgrades are outrageous.
* The hair dryer in the room was CHEAP!! The same kind 2 star motels use. I lost a lot of hair through the back of it (see photo).
* The bath towels were not soft at all, especially on tender, sunned skin.
* The sheets in our "junior suite" seemed old and worn - there was a lot of pilling (tiny little balls you could pick off).
* The beach had a lot of large rocks. Swimming is not possible.
The Pros -
* The food!!! Some of the best we've ever had! The little taco window and Asiana were our favorites, but Spice had a very large selection for breakfast.
* The events planned were pretty good. The local bands that played in the lobby were trying too hard to appeal to American tourists. They *tried* to play/sing songs like "Sweet Home Alabama," and we found ourselves wanting to hear more native music, like salsa.
* The service everywhere was exceptional, from the waiters, to the cocktail servers by the pool. We brought $100 in single bills to tip - they were worth it!
* I visited the spa twice, and was impressed both times.
* We loved being close enough to walk down 5th Avenue. DON'T take a cab anywhere!