Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
This family-friendly Riviere Du Loup hotel is located near the airport, within 2 mi (3 km) of Musee du Bas St Laurent, Club De Golf De Riviere-Du Loup, and Cegep De Riviere-du-Loup. Manoir Fraser and Grand Portage Regional Hospital are also within 2 mi (3 km).
Along with a full-service spa, this hotel has a restaurant and an indoor pool. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a coffee shop/café are onsite.
All 220 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and room service. For a bit of entertainment, TVs come with cable channels, and guests can also appreciate conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup
In addition to a full-service spa, Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup features a waterslide and an indoor pool. The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.
Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measure 180 square feet (17 square meters). This family-friendly hotel also offers a spa tub, a 24-hour fitness center, and a sauna. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Conference space size (meters) - 17
- Conference space size (feet) - 180
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 220
- Number of floors - 6
- Babysitting or childcare
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 17
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 17
- Year Built 1973
- 24-hour business center
- Free self parking
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Free WiFi
- Indoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access ( CAD 00 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 1 PM.
La Verriere - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available.
The Bistro Rialto - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a waterslide, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
UniverSpa Nordik has 12 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include hot stone massages, Swedish massages, massages, and facials. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including reflexology and thalassotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and Turkish bath/hammam.
The spa is open daily.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Spa tub in spa
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body scrubs
- Thalassotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 11:00 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 10 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per stay
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 7 and CAD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 00 per night (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 10 per stay
- Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup
- Universel in Rivière-du-Loup
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).