Relatively new but bad service/maintenance
Posted Mar 29, 2012 on Hotels
The hotel is fairly new and located conveniently close to Faisaliah tower (10 minutes walk). Internet access works and is provided without charge. However, the hotel is badly serviced and maintained:
- Too few non-smoking rooms. A smoking room was presented as the only option to me for the first night, with a promise to change the next morning. I had to insist on this promise three times before it was granted the next day.
- Bad infrastructure. It takes around 90 seconds draining before hot water was available in the bathroom. (In multiple rooms). The shower curtain was just clamped between the walls (not screwed in) and came down when I hung a light towel on it.
- Bad service. The hotel forgot servicing my room completely one day. When asking for an iron, I had to call three times (on two days consistently) before it was brought in after 15-20 minutes waiting.
- Check-in experience. There were two helpful Indian (?) guys at the reception but the local staff was mostly uninterested in customers.
- Noise. The hotel is located at King Fahd Road. Avoid the rooms with windows towards the road, as it is very noisy day and night, and truck traffic makes low frequency sounds that even my earplugs could not filter.
I complained to the management about the issues above, and got a junior suite upgrade for one night. So the management gets a plus for short-term solutions. Not sure if they work on more sustainable solutions ... In general the hotel compares to two-star hotels in Riyadh regarding the service (e.g. the Tulip Inn). Other four-star hotels (like the Khozama) are much better maintained from my point of view.