Travelers to Rochester give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its opera houses, entertainment choices, and cafés.
- There are 110 hotels and other accommodations in Rochester
- The closest major airport is in Rochester, MN (RST-Rochester Intl.), 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rochester
The city is well known for its opera and theaters, and cultural venues include Rochester Art Center, Rochester Civic Theater, and Minnesota Children's Museum. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Shops University Square, Apache Mall, and Austin Town Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are University of Minnesota-Rochester and Mayo Civic Center.
In Rochester, there are 110 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Mayo Clinic Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
- The Towers At Kahler Grand Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/St. Marys - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rochester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 7°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Rochester gets about 33.07 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°F