Find Hotels in Rockaway Beach, NY
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $65
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2020
Visiting Rockaway Beach
Visitors can enjoy all that Rockaway Beach has to offer including the beaches and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location. Around the area, top sights include Long Beach, Brooklyn Museum, and Brooklyn Bridge.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Rockaway Beach
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 13.3 mi (21.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockaway Beach
Long Beach, Brooklyn Museum, and Brooklyn Bridge are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
As you start planning your visit to Rockaway Beach, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 231 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- The High Tide Studio #6 1 Bedroom 1 Bathroom Condo is 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the center of Rockaway Beach. This 4-star hotel in New York features 3 restaurants, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- The High Tide Studio #2 1 Bedroom 1 Bathroom Condo is 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from central Rockaway Beach. This 3-star hotel in New York features parking, a business center, and concierge services. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- The High Tide Studio #4 1 Bedroom 1 Bathroom Condo is located 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the heart of Rockaway Beach. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Chrysler Building, 14.3 mi/23 km from the heart of the city, and Ellis Island Immigration Museum, which is 14.3 mi/23.1 km away.
Getting Around Rockaway Beach
Make your way to Beach 90 St. Station to catch metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Rockaway Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Average annual rainfall for Rockaway Beach is 42.76 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Rockaway Beach?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rockaway Beach, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Rockaway Beach?
Recent reviews of Rockaway Beach hotels
More trip options
- Rockaway Beach Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Rockaway Beach Airports
- Hotels in Rockaway Beach Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Rockaway Beach Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Rockaway Beach
- More Popular Hotels in Broad Channel
- Other Hotels near Rockaway Beach, Broad Channel
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends