Visitors to Rockland are sure to enjoy the waterfront and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and cafés.
- You'll find 204 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Camden
- The closest major airport is in Rockland, ME (RKD-Knox County Regional), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wiscasset, ME (ISS), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockland
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Farnsworth Art Museum, Carver Hill Gallery, and Project Puffin Visitor Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chickawaukie Pond, Rockland Harbor Park, and Sandy Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rockland Ferry Terminal and Strand Theater.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Rockland. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- LimeRock Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a business center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- 250 Main Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace.
- Rockland Harbor Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Rockland
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Rockland is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Rockland Station. You can learn about water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Rockland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Rockland gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F