Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Rockport, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights in the area include Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, Art Museum of South Texas, and Texas State Aquarium.
- You'll find 1874 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Corpus Christi
- The closest major airport is in Rockport, TX (RKP-Aransas County), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Corpus Christi, TX (CRP-Corpus Christi Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockport
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Rockport Beach Park, Goose Island State Park, and Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. Top activities include fishing and bird watching, while Key Allegro Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aquarium at Rockport Harbor and Texas Maritime Museum.
In Rockport, you'll find 99 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Angel Rose Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport-Fulton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Rockport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rockport is 33.43 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 48°F