Find Hotels in Rockwood, PA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Rockwood has to offer including the forests and restaurants. The tucked away and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Rockwood
- The closest major airport is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johnstown, PA (JST-John Murtha Johnstown - Cambria County), 33.7 mi (54.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockwood
Places to visit in the larger region include Laurel Hill State Park, Glades Pike Winery, and Somerset County Memorial Park. You'll also find Seven Springs Mountain Resort and Kooser State Park in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Rockwood, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Secluded Laurel Highlands Cabin Near Seven Springs is 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the center of Rockwood. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Somerset can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Serenity Falls Charming Home w/ 8ft Stone Fireplace and Firewood w/ mtn Views is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from central Rockwood. This 2-star motel in Jones Mills features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Somerset is located 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the heart of Rockwood. This 3-star hotel in Farmington features a golf course, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
Dressing for Rockwood
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 48.94 inches of rain falls on Rockwood each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F