Fire and Safety Nightmare/ Rude Staff
Posted Oct 16, 2016 on Hotels
Do NOT stay at Rock Mountain Park Inn! Only three of the staff were nice, one at check-in, one waiter, and the housekeeper. Everyone else was a grump and acted like they didn't want to help our group. We had booked 5 rooms four months in advance to be close to each other, but they put each room on a separate floor and wouldn't change them.
One of the people in our party got ill, called down to reception to ask for some water to be brought up to his room as he was too sick to walk to the lobby And the vending machines were broken.. He was told, rather rudely, "No, man, we don't do that. You have to use the vending machine." Then he was hung up on without another word.
The hotel is a fire and safety nightmare! The electrical outlets sparked every time anything was plugged in or out. The light switches gave a shock every time they were turned on or off. The elevator broke while we were in it (fortunately, the doors wouldn't close and we got out.). The next day it was shut down completely.
The hotel looks like it was redecorated in 1980 and as if that was the last time it was cleaned as well.
I will never stay there again, even if it is remodeled in the winter as we were told. The rudeness of the majority of the staff was enough to put me off forever!