Terrible, terrible, terrible
Posted Sep 4, 2015 on Hotels
* Communication - no response to 1st email from owner, a scribbled note telling us to call when we arrived (not easy when it costs a lot per min to make calls with your US cell phone), and the # he left did not work. A nearby shop tried the # as well and it didn’t work.
* Room – Room we booked wasn’t available upon arrival, so he split our family up into 2 rooms for the 1st night. The next morning he made us move, but we needed to be somewhere so we told him we'd move when we got back around lunch time. Instead of waiting for us to return and move our things, he collected our belongings and left them sitting there in a pile. One night, they didn't bother to clean the room. We also did not have enough soap...we ran out of soap 2 of the 3 nights
* Breakfast - basically this is a few pastries, no milk (excuse was grocery store was closed) , cereal (with no milk), some yogurt, and some bread with no butter or toaster. Oh and there's an espresso machine that mysteriously had milk in it.
* bathrooms - the shower pressure across 3 rooms was wildly inconsistent...the shower heads need cleaning and replacing
* noise - if you don't want to wake up at 8 am due to noise from neighboring rooms, don't stay here.
I had no expectation of a 5 star resort, but I also expected actual breakfast, my actual room that I reserved when I arrived, the ability to get into the room without wasting time tracking him down when we arrived, better communication, and soap!