terrible hotel in a good location
Posted May 8, 2016 on Hotels
We were struggling to find a decently priced hotel in a good location. We had low expectations coming in, but this hotel was just not good.
- hotel is close to the Repubblica Metro that you can take to the Vatican or other sites
- within walking distance (a long walk) to other sights such as Trevi or Colosseum
- good stores and restaurants close by (if you want a break from Italian we recommend the nearby Mr. Chow)
- The bed and pillows are awful. Terrible. Atrocious. The bed is an old spring mattress that was so uncomfortable. The pillows were made of rocks. Seriously, a simple pillow upgrade would do wonders.
- The shower. The doors kept coming off the tracks and the shower head sprayed in 100 different directions except for on your body. A simple cleaning or upgrade would make it so much better.
- The toilet stinks. Has a weird flush system where the tank fills up above the toilet high on the wall and it just stinks and smells like an outhouse.
- The street noise. Via Nazionale is loud and our room overlooked it. Rooms are not even slightly soundproof so we could hear everything from everywhere.
- No climate control. The room got hot at night and the only way to cool it down would be to open the window to the loud street below.
- Overall skuzzy and dirty. The walls had so many scratches and it looked like liquids dripping down them. A quick wash or paint would be much more inviting.
Avoid & look elsewhere for a comfortable stay/sleep