Get an overview of this hotelRome hotel close to Spanish Steps
Popular property highlights
By Spanish Steps
Occupying what was once a 16th century aristocratic palace of the Princes of Torlonia, the hotel is 200 meters from Rome's famous Spanish Steps, 500 meters from Trevi Fountain and close to Via Condotti, the renowned fashion street.
The favorite hotel of Byron, Keats, and Shelley in the 1800s, and Mark Twain, Hemingway, Elizabeth Taylor, and Gregory Peck in the 1900s, Hotel d’Inghilterra Roma – Starhotels Collezione offers a wide-ranging international dinner menu in the palatial surroundings of the hotel's Café Romano.
Lavishly decorated guestrooms have 19th century style adornments; all include LCD television with satellite service and minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Hotel d’Inghilterra Roma – Starhotels Collezione
In addition to the artwork allocated to the guestrooms and public areas, Hotel d’Inghilterra Roma – Starhotels Collezione also has its own art gallery showcasing work from well-known Italian artists.
The hotel offers lavish function rooms as venues for conferences and business lunches situated in the Palazzo Torlonia opposite the hotel. The rooms can accommodate up to 60 people in various seating configurations. Audio-visual facilities and wired Internet access are available (surcharge).
A 24-hour airport shuttle is available on request for a fee.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 6
- Total number of rooms - 88
- Coffee shop or café
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Café Romano - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including post-theater meals. Outdoor dining on the set of Via Borgognona and interior dining in a rich setting with barrel-vaulted ceilings in Pompeian red, leather seats, briarwood tables, and floors combining black granite with large slabs of warm-colored marble. Varied menu inspired by Mediterranean cuisine, with new twists to traditional Italian specialities.
The Bond Bar - Atmosphere of a British pub, featuring dark wood furnishings, leather armchairs, and original prints. Warm and friendly bar frequented by Roman aristocracy, and figures from the worlds of show business and fashion.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 6 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 80 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 60 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 7 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 70 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Pet fee: EUR 60 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 80 per night
- d'Inghilterra Rome
- Hotel d’Inghilterra Roma Starhotels Collezione
- Hotel d'Inghilterra Rome
- d Inghilterra Hotel Rome
- Hotel d Inghilterra
- d’Inghilterra Roma Starhotels Collezione
- Hotel d’Inghilterra Roma Starhotels Collezione Rome
- d’Inghilterra Roma Starhotels Collezione Rome
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. One child 6 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.