Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelRome luxury hotel near Villa Borghese
Popular property highlights
Close to Villa Borghese gardens
Formerly a villa in the 1930s, this Rome hotel is in the Parioli district, less than 500 meters from Villa Borghese gardens and 2 km from the Spanish Steps, Via Veneto, Via Condotti shopping.
Hotel Lord Byron features a bar and restaurant decorated in Art Deco style. Chocolate-filled brioche, coffee, and juice are served each morning. Free parking is available.
All 28 air-conditioned guestrooms have 1930s-style decor with white- or cherry-colored woods; marble bathrooms are decorated with traditional prints. All rooms include free WiFi, minibar, and satellite TV.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Hotel Lord Byron
Built as a villa in the 1930s, Hotel Lord Byron is set in the exclusive residential Parioli district of Rome, on the edge of Villa Borghese Gardens. The Spanish Steps and Via Veneto are 10 minutes away.
Interiors are Art Deco in style, and amenities include a restaurant, bar, concierge, room service, and currency exchange. WiFi and parking are complimentary.
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Year Built 1939
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 28
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Electric kettle
- Soundproofed rooms
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
A complimentary full buffet breakfast is served each morning, made from fresh produce.
Il Salotto Lounge & Wine Bar - Serves a range of Mediterranean cuisine. 1930s-style décor includes black-and-white striped carpeting, dark woods, large mirrors, and deep-red upholstered seats. Original paintings from owner's private collection displayed on walls. Cocktails served. Open for lunch and into the night.
Restaurant Sapori del Lord Byron - Art Deco style includes mirrored walls, dark octagonal tables and high-backed chairs. Á la carte menu features Italian cuisine such as homemade pasta rolls with trout and black truffle sauce. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 2 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for complimentary breakfast.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 77.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 38.50 per night.
- Pets stay free
- 1 per room (up to 8 kg)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 7 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Valet parking fee: EUR 35.00 per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 38.50 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 77.00 per night
- Hotel Lord Byron
- Hotel Lord Byron Rome
- Lord Byron Hotel
- Lord Byron Rome
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 2 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for complimentary breakfast. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.