Get an overview of this hotelRomantic Rome hotel facing Villa Borghese park
Popular property highlights
Near Spanish Steps
Just off Rome's exclusive Via Veneto, this small, opulent hotel occupies a 19th-century building facing Villa Borghese park; the Spanish Steps are 500 meters away.
Mirabelle, the hotel's highly-regarded restaurant, offers splendid views of the parklands and city from its rooftop perch.
The 68 guestrooms of the Hotel Spendide Royal are 17th-century villa style with sculpted ceilings, bathrooms of Carrara marble, and free WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Splendide Royal
Hotel Spendide Royal features a rooftop haute-cuisine restaurant frequented by Italian politicians and celebrities. A fitness room is on the fourth floor, and complimentary shuttle service is available Tuesday through Saturday. Designer shops such as Armani, Prada, Valentino, and Versace are within a 10-minute walk. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also offers onsite parking (surcharge).
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 68
- Number of floors - 7
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- One meeting room
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Business center
- Year Built 1890
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Jetted bathtub
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free WiFi
- Free newspaper
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Mirabelle Restaurant - Located on the 7th floor, this haute-cuisine restaurant opens onto a terrace during summer, with striking views of the Villa Borghese park. White-and-lemon table linens and fresh flowers set the scene, and the room is candlelit at night. The menu includes Terrine di Foie Gras, regional pasta dishes, and the signature chocolate dessert Settimo Cielo (Seventh Heaven). Mirabelle is popular with Italian politicians. It is open for lunch and dinner daily. Reservations are necessary, and jackets are required.
Crystal Lounge - Serving breakfast buffet (from 7 AM to 10:30 AM), lunch, and private dinner (upon request).
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a well-equipped fitness room. Villa Borghese, a Renaissance villa with gardens and extensive parkland, is across the street--a lovely place for strolling, jogging, bicycling, and horse riding. Bicycles are available for rent at Villa Borghese, and on special request they can be brought directly to the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time ends at 11:30 PM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 3 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 150 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 33 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 83 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Self parking fee: EUR 42.50 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 150 per night
- Hotel Royal Splendide
- Hotel Splendide
- Hotel Splendide Royal
- Hotel Splendide Royal Rome
- Splendide Royal
- Splendide Royal Hotel
- Splendide Royal Rome
- Splendide Royal Hotel Rome
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 3 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.