Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Rome hotel by Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore
Popular property highlights
Near rail station
This 2-building Rome hotel lies steps from Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore, 500 meters south of the Termini rail station, and near the Roman Forum and the Colosseum.
The Roof Garden Restaurant and Sky Bar are the ideal scenery for gala receptions, weddings, anniversaries, and business lunches. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served each morning in the breakfast room.
The decor in the 74 air-conditioned guestrooms of the Mecenate Palace mingles period and modern styles with walnut furnishings, Italian linens, minibars, free WiFi, and marble bathrooms.
Mecenate Palace offers a rooftop terrace with a bar and 360-degree views of Rome. Guests who stay during the Corpus Domini celebration may be able to see the Pope giving the benediction on the steps of Santa Maria Maggiore. The terrace is also excellent for hosting a variety of events, from weddings to business lunches, for up to 200 guests.
Decorated with trellises and orange trees, the terrace has a garden and also houses a breakfast room; complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily. Other amenities include free WiFi, concierge services and currency exchange.
A conference room decorated with walnut paneling and gold-upholstered walls can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Business center
- Year Built 1985
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking reservations required
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 74
- Television in common areas
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 5
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking reservations required
- Free WiFi
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free wired Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- Shower/tub combination
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
A complimentary buffet breakfast is served each morning in the breakfast room.
La Terrazza dei Papi - Rooftop restaurant with views of the Rome skyline. Features Mediterranean dishes with seasonal ingredients. Menu is à la carte, serving appetizers, first courses, main courses, and desserts for dinner. Open for dinner.
Caffe Papa Sisto bar/lounge - Ground-floor bar/lounge with marble tables, red-upholstered armchairs, and contemporary gold paintings. Snacks, tea and coffee, lunch and dinner specials.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 2 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 60.0 per day.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 6 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 55 per vehicle (one way)
- Nearby parking fee: EUR 30 per 24 hours
- Kitchen/kitchenette fee: EUR 20 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 60.0 per day
- Mecenate Palace
- Mecenate Palace Hotel
- Mecenate Palace Hotel Rome
- Mecenate Palace Rome
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal and airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. One child 2 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.