Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelBelle Epoque-style hotel with superior dining
Popular property highlights
Near Via Veneto
Opened by César Ritz in 1894, this Belle Epoque-style Rome hotel is two blocks from Via Veneto and two kilometers (about one mile) from the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Via Condotti shopping.
Guests can sip cocktails in the Grand Bar, taste wine in the cellar, or enjoy fine-dining at Vivendo restaurant. Concierge services can help find personal shoppers or arrange city tours. A fitness center is also on site.
All 161 individually decorated guestrooms at The St. Regis Rome are named for a different Roman site, depicted in a large fresco. Rooms feature antique furniture, Murano chandeliers, and marble-tiled bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The St. Regis Rome
Renovations & Closures
- Select guestrooms
The St. Regis Rome has earned a coveted place on Travel + Leisure's 2011 list of the 500 Greatest Hotels in the World. Dining and refreshment choices include the highly regarded Vivendo restaurant, the opulent Grand Hall, and Le Grand Bar, with its red-velvet banquettes.
The KamiSpa health club on the fifth floor offers a staffed, mirrored fitness center with cardio equipment and a wellness center with men's and women's saunas, as well as 2 treatment rooms with massage services. The hotel has one of the city's oldest operating elevators — a grand wrought-iron affair — used to reach the health club. The 24-hour business center includes 3 computers, printers, fax machines, and wired Internet access (surcharge). Concierge services can help find personal shoppers and arrange city tours. Limo or town car service is available.
Sala Ritz, the hotel's vast, columned ballroom, has been richly restored, retaining the original 1894 ceiling frescoes and Murano glass chandeliers. Complimentary wired and wireless (high-speed) Internet access is available in the hotel lobby, at Le Grand Bar and in the restaurant Vivendo.
In-room accessibility and accessible path of travel are available.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 13
- Year Built 1894
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Free wired Internet
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1150
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 12379
- Total number of rooms - 161
- Number of floors - 4
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
CÆLUM Lounge and Bar - Serving breakfast, lunch, aperitivo and, dinner. Also features afternoon tea daily from 3 PM – 6 PM, with a selection of sandwiches, scones and fresh pastries. Enjoy aperitivo time 6 PM to 8:30 PM, with Italian finger food and drinks daily.
Le Grand Bar - Tucked away on one side of the gilded Grand Hall, Le Grand Bar serves sophisticated cocktails including the César Ritz (gin and Sambuca in a coffee-frosted glass). The room includes a black-marble bar and red-velvet banquettes. Guests can take afternoon tea in the bar or in the Grand Hall, which is appointed with silk-upholstered Louis XV furniture and the original 1894 cut-glass chandelier. Guests can listen to live music in the evenings.
Breakfast is served daily in the bar for a surcharge.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's KamiSpa health club includes a staffed, mirrored fitness center with weight equipment and cardio machines and a wellness center with saunas and massage services. The hotel also features an exclusive Pilates room to help guests unwind.
The hotel is a 15-minute stroll from Villa Borghese, a Renaissance villa with galleries, gardens, and parkland. It's a lovely place for walking, bicycling, and horse riding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets stay free
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 7 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Fee for full breakfast: EUR 43 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 15 per stay (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 40 per day
- Nearby parking fee: EUR 40 per night
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Rome St. Regis
- St. Regis Rome
- St. Regis Rome Hotel
- St Regis Rome
- The St. Regis Rome Hotel Rome
- Rome St Regis Grand
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The St. Regis Rome is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.