Get an overview of this hotelGrand Beaux Arts palace close to Villa Borghese
Popular property highlights
Near Spanish Steps
This regal 1906 Rome hotel stands on Via Veneto, is 500 meters from the Villa Borghese and the Spanish Steps and less than a kilometer from the Trevi Fountain, and the Colosseum.
Health club and spa
The health club features a sapphire-blue pool, a spa tub, a steam room, and a sauna; the Restaurant Doney overlooks Via Veneto, and the historic cafe, h club>doney, has an outdoor terrace.
All 316 guestrooms of The Westin Excelsior, Rome have crystal chandeliers, marble bathrooms, bathrobes, and slippers, and signature bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Westin Excelsior, Rome
The Westin Excelsior, Rome has earned a coveted place on the Condé Nast Traveler 2013 Gold List of the World's Best Places to Stay and on Travel + Leisure's 2004 list of the 500 Greatest Hotels in the World. The hotel combines the gilded glamour of early-20th-century Europe with up-to-date luxuries and conveniences. The health club features a sapphire-blue pool ringed by potted palms and white-linen chairs. The business center has three computers with dial-up Internet access (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is available in all rooms and public areas (surcharge). Meeting spaces (1000 square meters) include the Winter Garden and accommodate up to 500 guests.
- Indoor pool
- Spa services on site
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 316
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Concierge services
- One meeting room
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 10764
- Breakfast available (surcharge) buffet
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Conference space size (meters) - 1000
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( EUR 15 per day ), Wired internet access ( EUR 15 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( EUR 12 per day )
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub or shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Satellite TV service
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Restaurant Doney - A gleaming gray-marble floor, maroon-and-pink striped curtains, and red-leather chairs set the scene in this fine-dining restaurant, which overlooks Via Veneto and offers sidewalk dining in summer. The Mediterranean menu changes regularly to feature regional and seasonal dishes such as Fresh Pasta with Octopus and Sea Truffles. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
ORVM Bar - An elegant art deco style cafe. It is open for lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea.
h club>doney - This historic café, formerly known as the Gran Caffe Doney, has a large terrace with outside tables on Via Veneto. Remodeled in 2003, the room has a stylish, contemporary look. Coffee, snacks, and cocktails are served all day.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's health club and spa features a sapphire-blue indoor pool, along with a sauna, spa tub, steam bath, and fitness equipment. Guests can receive aromatherapy, body scrubs and wraps, massages, and facial services in the spa's 3 treatment rooms.
Villa Borghese, a Renaissance villa with extensive parkland and gardens, is a five-minute walk from the hotel. It's a lovely place for strolling, jogging, bicycling, and horse riding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 89 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Pets allowed (no fees)
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 7 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 33 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 12 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 55 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 89 per stay
- Excelsior Rome Westin
- Excelsior Westin
- Excelsior Westin Rome
- Rome Westin
- Rome Westin Excelsior
- Westin Excelsior
- Westin Excelsior Hotel
- Westin Excelsior Hotel Rome
- Westin Excelsior Rome
- Westin Rome
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome Hotel Rome
- Westin Excelsior Rome Hotel
- Excelsior Rome
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.