Find Hotels in Saffron Walden
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 17, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 14, 2020
Visiting Saffron Walden
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Saffron Walden, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and Church of St Mary the Great.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Saffron Walden
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 14 mi (22.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saffron Walden
The picturesque setting of The Common and Bridge End Gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Market Square and Church of St. Mary.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Saffron Walden. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Warners Farm B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Red Lion Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Cricketers Arms - Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, located 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city center, and Church of St Mary the Great, which is 14.4 mi/23.2 km away.
Getting Around Saffron Walden
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Saffron Walden Audley End Station, Saffron Walden Newport Station, or Saffron Walden Great Chesterford Station. Saffron Walden may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Saffron Walden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Saffron Walden each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Saffron Walden?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Saffron Walden, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Saffron Walden?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Saffron Walden?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Saffron Walden?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Saffron Walden?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Audley End House?
What about the best place to stay close to Market Square?
What are some accommodations with pools in Saffron Walden?
Recent reviews of Saffron Walden hotels
More trip options
- Saffron Walden Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Saffron Walden Airports
- Hotels near Popular Saffron Walden Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Saffron Walden
- More Hotel Options in Saffron Walden
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Saffron Walden, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends