Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Salalah, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views and cafés.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Salalah
- The closest major airport is in Salalah (SLL), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salalah
The city is notable for landmarks like Al Baleed Archaeological Site, Taqah Castle, and Tomb of Job. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Salalah Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Al Husn Souq and Salalah Gardens Mall.
In Salalah, there are 63 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Kairaba Mirbat Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Salalah Rotana Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Salalah
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- Average annual rainfall for Salalah is 0.04 inches
- Usually May and June are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 66°F