- Liked: Staff & service
- Disliked: Amenities, property conditions & facilities
- Porto da Barra Beach
- 2 min walk
- Barra Shopping Mall
- 16 min walk
- Farol da Barra Beach
- 18 min walk
- Salvador (SSA-Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes Intl.)
- 27 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-800-238-0767
About this area
Located near the beach, Porto Salvador Hotel is in Salvador's Barra neighborhood. Mercado Modelo and Iguatemi Shopping Mall are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Porto da Barra Beach and Farol da Barra Beach.
- Porto da Barra Beach - 2 min walk
- Barra Shopping Mall - 16 min walk
- Farol da Barra Beach - 18 min walk
- Federal University of Bahia - 4 min drive
- Ondina Beach - 4 min drive
- Salvador (SSA-Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes Intl.) - 27 min drive
About this property
Porto Salvador Hotel
Food and drink
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Cash deposit: BRL 20.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Hotel Porto Salvador
- Porto Salvador
- Porto Salvador Hotel
- Porto Salvador Hotel Salvador
- Porto Salvador Hotel Hostel/Backpacker accommodation
- Porto Salvador Hotel Hostel/Backpacker accommodation Salvador
Frequently asked questions
Paid for most expensive room at highest rate and then given cheapest hostel room and told no other rooms available to change. When asked for reimbursement was told owner wasn't around and staff not authorised to repay. Eventually had to threaten going to police and staff reimbursed 3/4 from their own savings. Think owner was intentionally overbooking and hoping we would just move on. Thank god his staff showed more humanity.
Pros: Nothing. It's a hostel pretending to be a hotel and trying to charge hotel prices for low rent accommodation.
Cons: The owner could accept responsibility for his guests enjoying their stay.
Location: Not as fa nod Barra, City beach but over crowded and too urban. Would recommend staying in Pelourinho instead.