Visitors can enjoy all that Salzhemmendorf has to offer including its museums. Around the area, top sights include Marienburg Castle, Church of St. Michael, and St. Mary's Cathedral.
- You'll find 563 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hannover
- The closest major airport is in Hannover (HAJ), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salzhemmendorf
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Marienburg Castle, Church of St. Michael, and St. Mary's Cathedral. In the area, you'll also find Fagus Factory and Theatre Hameln.
As you start planning your visit to Salzhemmendorf, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 16 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Apartment Hemmendorf is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the heart of Salzhemmendorf. This 4-star hotel in Hannover features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Loccumer Hof is 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from the center of Salzhemmendorf. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Hannover can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with a free stocked minibar. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- DORMERO Hotel Hannover is 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from central Salzhemmendorf. This 3-star hotel in Hannover features free WiFi, a bar, and a 24-hour front desk.
Getting Around Salzhemmendorf
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Osterwald Station. Salzhemmendorf might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Salzhemmendorf
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Salzhemmendorf gets about 25.28 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 29°F