Visitors to Sammamish are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its basketball games. Around the area, top sights include Nordstrom, Pike Place Market, and Space Needle.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Sammamish
- The closest major airport is in Renton, WA (RNT-Renton Municipal), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seattle, WA (BFI-Boeing Field), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sammamish
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Pine Lake Park and Duthie Hill Park. In the area, you'll also find Nordstrom and Pike Place Market.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sammamish, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 113 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Pine Lake Waterfront House With Private Dock is 1.8 mi (3 km) from the center of Sammamish. This 3-star hotel in Seattle features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a rooftop terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
- Tranquil Lake House Near Seattle, Issaquah, Redmond is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from central Sammamish. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Seattle can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with an in-room iPod dock. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
- Large Retreat House in a Quiet cul de Sac! is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the heart of Sammamish. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in SeaTac can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Top places to see outside the city include Space Needle, 14.5 mi/23.3 km from the city center, and Husky Stadium, which is 12.7 mi/20.4 km away.
Dressing for Sammamish
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.96 inches of rain falls on Sammamish each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F