Needs attention to safety detail
Posted Apr 12, 2017
When I arrived at the hotel the room that was supposed to be on reserve for me was a single king bed. During the check in process the desk clerk gave me a room number, as soon as I walked into the room the smell of cigarette smoke it me in the face. I went back to the front desk and told the guy that I needed a different room. He told me that is the room that I had reserved, he was courteous and apologized. I was unaware that hotels even allowed smoking in rooms now a days. When I was given my second room I went up the concrete stairs that were cracked. I found my room and it wasn't even done. There were dirty blankets, sheets, and shower curtain just laying on the floor. I called back down to the front desk, this time I was upset. The guy again was courteous and had me walk back down to get a new room key. I was given my third room key, this room was okay, until I locked the door and noticed that the security lock and latch were broken. Safety is a big issue with me, because I am a safety officer for my company.
The restaurant next door has a nice staff. The food was just okay, after eating there it made me sick and I was up half of the night sick. I visit this city once a month and at this point in time, I won't be back to stay at this hotel.