Visiting San Anselmo
Visitors to San Anselmo are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Palace of Fine Arts are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in San Anselmo
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Anselmo
The picturesque setting of San Anselmo Memorial Park and Phoenix Lake exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Robson-Harrington House and San Anselmo Town Hall.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in San Anselmo. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Vintage Norwegian Studio Cottage#2 / Food/glogg/hike is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in San Anselmo features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hiking, Biking and Relaxation is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the city center. With a stay at this hotel in San Anselmo, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Golden Gate Bridge, 13.7 mi/22.1 km from the heart of the city, and Alcatraz Island, which is 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away.
Dressing for San Anselmo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 47.44 inches of rain falls on San Anselmo each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F